PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY INSURANCE
Professional Indemnity insurance is a necessary protection for any business that provides services, or professional advice to clients, such as architects, accountants, solicitors and consultants.
It protects against compensation claims arising from:
- the dishonesty of your employees, partners or directors
- negligence (or breaches of duty of care)
- the unintentional infringement of intellectual property rights
- the loss of documents or data
Professional Indemnity insurance covers the costs of defending claims, so you won’t be personally liable for any legal fees, or, should you lose the case, the cost of putting things right, or paying financial compensation.
Important points to consider
- Provides peace-of-mind financial protection for your business, even in the event of an invalid claim.
- Minimises disruption to your business in the event of a claim against you
- May be required for regulatory or contractual compliance
- Enhances your business’s reputation as a professional firm